We are offering two options for worship.
• Mask wearing is optional for those vaccinated. Maintain appropriate distance with your neighbor. Appropriate distance is defined as the distance with which you and your neighbor are comfortable.
• Additional seating is available in the Fellowship Hall for those who wish to increase their social distancing.
• You may join in responsive readings and prayers.
• If you are masked, you may join in singing congregational hymns.
• Offering will continue to be at the exit doors following the service.
Come Worship With Us
Sunday, May 16, 2021
Rev. Dr. Fowler-Marchant
will be bringing the message
“In the Meantime” Acts 1:1-11
Rev. Dr. Fowler- Marchant, an ordained elder in the North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church, is a sought after speaker and author of Mothers in Israel: Methodist Beginnings Through The Eyes of Women. She has served both in the UMC and Presbyterian churches. Currently she serves in England with the British Methodist Church.
There will be an introductory meeting for the study this Saturday May 8 at 10 am in the Fellowship Hall.
The introductory meeting is just that, an opportunity to learn a bit about the book, consider the study format, and discuss best days and times for our subsequent meetings.
Days, times and format (virtual or in-person) of the study will be determined by the participants.
Interested or have questions and can't make it this Saturday?
Let me know either via email or by phone 540-589-9118.
Here's the scoop:
- Meeting is hybrid (in person Fellowship Hall and zoom)
- Wednesdays beginning April 28 - that's this week :)
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Materials needed: A Bible, pen, and journal (need a Bible? we can make that happen!)
- Please read Chapter 1 for this week....no time?....come anyway as we will be reading passages together
- Let me know you are going to join us by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by calling the church office 540-639-2807. If you are planning on joining via zoom it will be important for you to let me know ahead of time so I can send you a link.
We are excited that as more and more of our members are being vaccinated, our numbers at the 10 am service are increasing (masked and socially distanced at 6 feet). This has led to a decrease in the attendance of our 2 pm Drive-In Service. After speaking with those who regularly attend the 2 pm service, we have decided to discontinue the afternoon Drive-In worship as of May 2, 2021.
Yes Online Worship - here
As this inclement weather moves in stay safe, check on one another, and hold one another in prayer.
Sunday January 31st is also a 5th Sunday when we receive a special offering for Holston Home. If you wish to give to support the work of Holston Home, please make your check to "Grove UMC" and mark for "Holston Home." You may send via methods listed above.
For further announcements, see this week's bulletin.
NO 10 am INDOOR WORSHIP
YES 2 pm OUTDOOR DRIVE-IN WORSHIP, or Online worship
We will also have an opportunity to
Rev. Dr. Jan C. Nicholson Angle welcomes worshippers to the Outdoor Worship Service - 2:00 pm every Sunday at Grove.
NO 10 am Indoor Worship due to Radford's COVID numbers which are up again 74.8/100K
WE WILL HAVE 2 pm Outdoor Worship.
THIS SUNDAY JANUARY 3RD UPDATE
- WE WILL HAVE DRIVE IN WORSHIP AT 2 PM Sunday January 3rd. Please join us! For Drive In Worship, as you enter the driveway you will be offered a pre-filled communion cup and wafer. Following the sermon we will receive communion together. Everyone is asked to take their empty cups with them and dispose at your home.
-Online worship For Virtual Worship you will want to gather your communion elements from home and have the ready as we prepare to worship together.
Remember the two Christmas Eve Drive In Communion Service opportunities: Christmas Eve 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm.
WE MUST HAVE RESERVATIONS FOR THESE TWO SERVICES IN ORDER TO PROPERLY PREPARE COMMUNION. COMMUNION WILL BE RECEIVED IN INDIVIDUAL PRE-PACKAGED CUPS.
Call the church office at 540-639-2807 to make your reservation today.
Mr. Clay Carson is getting the outside of the church ready for our Drive-In Worship services, beginning July 19th.
Our offices are currently closed, but the finance team continues to be hard at work. Thank you Linda and Sandra!
The Radford City Public School Pre-K children and teachers are coming to Grove.
Volunteers have been working hard to spruce up the indoor and outdoor space to welcome them.
This wasn't in the job description...
Although Grove UMC is closed for indoor worship, this small group stepped inside the fellowship hall to take a quick socially distanced and properly masked photo to say, we are all working on and looking forward to the time we will be together again.
Nancy Pridgen loving on one of our plant beds at Grove.
Brief 'parking lot meeting' hello from Pastor Angle, Pat, and Carolyn.
Frank Herzog and Greg Stokely are dedicated grounds volunteers that keep Grove looking beautiful on the outside.
Lynn Wright helps to move hymnals to prepare for the day that we will be able to attend church in our own sanctuary.